Smart University Foundation, S-U-F:
S-U-F is a nonprofit foundation, registered and headquartered in California, USA. It is a global membership-based grass-root foundation aims to “Lead, Empower, and Serve Universities Stakeholders for a “Smarter” Future of Universities worldwide”.
S-U-F aspires to be the voice of 28000+ universities, in addition to the entire higher education ecosystem – individuals, institutions, corporations, and NGOs. It focuses on “Smart University” as an innovative holistic concept for expanding the understanding and implementation of new technologies, sustainability transformations, best academic practices, and current trends in management, leadership, and quality for a better future of universities globally.
S-U-F is envisioned to become a global foundation with founders representing 120+ countries from education ministries, universities, corporations, NGOs, students, in addition to experts and consultants. S-U-F will enhance collaboration and communication between stakeholders in higher education, and provide membership services to all working in different fields related to “Smarter Universities”.
To provide a global platform in which individuals, institutions, corporations, and NGOs can discover, critically examine, share, preserve, and transmit the knowledge, research, wisdom, and values related to “Smart Universities”.
It will foster international cooperation, understanding, and inclusion that will help ensure the continuous “Smart” progress of world-wide higher education institutions leading to advancing the quality of life for all.
To become the global leader, voice, and authority in getting universities “Smarter” and to share, invent, collaborate, disseminate, and expand related knowledge in the higher education ecosystem for a better world.
Smart University Foundation supports inclusion in all its forms. Thus, the shared values of integrity, fairness, collegiality, and diversity will always be the driving forces of S-U-F’s expansion and success.
The Pillars of the S-U-F platform is to expand:
- Global Networking and Academic-Industry Collaboration
- Research, Innovation, and Academic Reporting and Publishing
- Higher Education Development and Capacity Building
- “Smarter” Best Practices, Guidelines, KPIs, and Rankings
S-U-F strongly support working, doing research, engaging interested academicians and professionals who are involved in “Smart University” holistic approach in any of the following 8 core strategies related to university ecosystem:
- Smart Campus: Buildings, infrastructure, networks, energy, roads, green technologies, security, sustainability, etc.
- Smart Education: Lectures/notes, textbooks, libraries, e-learning tools, online education, exams, etc.
- Smart Research: Labs, programs, international cooperation, research tools, conferences, publications, patents, etc.
- Smart People: Students, professors, staff and employees, leaders and executives, advisers and consultants,etc.
- Smart Quality: Quality assurance in teaching, research, impact, processes, procedures, etc.
- Smart Recruitment: Attracting the best talent, student, staff, professionals, academics, leaders, etc.
- Smart Governance: Management, budgeting, policies, registration, appointments, reporting, data analytics, etc.
- Smart Influence: Community, businesses, government, international, patents, online presence, global citizens, etc.
The Smart University Foundation, S-U-F will be officially inaugurated during the 2019 Smart University Forum (#SUF19), to be held in Ankara, Turkey, on November 4-6, 2019. More information can be found on the official website of the foundation (S-U-F.org)